Rapture Index Score
April 17, 2017: Recent Events Trigger Significant Increase
The Rapture Index Score had been climbing steadily since Mid-2007 when the Bear Stearns collapse signaled global financial disaster. After the Arab Spring culminated in civil wars across the Middle East and lawlessness was on the march, it seemed as though the score's velocity would be unstoppable, yet the world appeared to have a short reprieve after the surprising election of Donald Trump and his implementation of policies promoting law and order and the protection of Christians.
Yet God's prophetic plans are marching forward at breakneck speed and instead of a reprieve, it seems as though God has used recent political changes to further set the stage for the rapture of the Church and the subsequent Tribulation. We are reminded that this house of cards cannot finally collapse until the Restrainer is removed per 2 Thessalonians 2 and so there will be a semblance of peace, safety, and normalcy right up until the day that the righteous are removed from the earth (just as in the days of Noah and Lot).
Recent events that have affected this week's change include:
- The onset of the worst famine since World War II across Africa and the Arabian Peninsula
- The chemical attack and subsequent U.S. bombing in Syria
- Significant military escalation between the U.S./NATO and Russia and its allies
- First use of the "Mother Of All Bombs" in Afghanistan
- On the verge of war in North Korea
- Jared Kushner and allies' victory in removing nationalists from Trump's cabinet
- A strong consensus within the Christian "underground" as to the significance and legitimacy of the Revelation 12 Sign
- Numerous other upcoming astronomical events that may play a prophetic role
- The nearness of a number of significant year-counts since prophetic events (120 years since the First Zionist Congress, 100 years since the Balfour Declaration, 70 years since Israel was established per U.N. mandate, 50 years since Jerusalem was recaptured)
The Rapture Index Score (RIS) is our measure of how close we believe we are to "the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13) and the Church being gathered to Him (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) based on a number of prophetic factors mentioned in the Bible as pertaining to the time leading up to the Tribulation. For an expository explanation and in-depth discussion, please refer to our post "How We Measure".