1. A MASSIVE 8.3 magnitude earthquake struck eastern Russia, north of Japan. The quake was so powerful that it shook literally all of Russia and much of Europe. On the polar opposite side of the country, residents of Moscow fled from office buildings as the quake shook the city.
Some incredible quotes from this story:
"If an earthquake can shake Moscow, what’s next?"
"Moscow is 4,000 miles from the epicenter. That’s like an earthquake in Anchorage stirring your mojito in Miami."
"'The entire continent was shaken,' Anatoly Tsygankov, head of Roshydromet’s emergencies center, told the Interfax news agency."http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/05/24/massive-russian-earthquake-felt-4000-miles-from-epicenter/
2. Separately, a huge 7.4 quake struck near Tonga:
3. Yesterday a 5.7 magnitude quake shook northern California near the city of Greenville. This was the largest earthquake to strike California since at least 2008.
4. Also yesterday, a 5.1 magnitude quake struck Iran, a 5.4 struck Australia, a 5 struck Fiji, and a 5 struck Papua New Guinea.
5. Today, besides the massive Russian quake and Tonga quake, a 5.1 struck the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Aftershocks in Okhotsk registering at least 6.8 were also felt.